Hello Fellow Current and Future New Leaf Market Owners!
Here is an update on our progress as of September 2013:
1. We have secured a site with contingencies in the area of 800 & 900 Main Street!! We are incredibly excited about our new location and working hard to take the steps necessary to finalize the details.
2. Member-owners now top nearly 725! (Thanks to Karen Early and all of the Membership and Marketing Committee and Arketype—our silent partner!)
3. We have kicked off our member-loan campaign as of Tuesday, September 17th. Our goal is to raise $1,000,000 by October 31st.
4. Capital campaign materials for the donor campaign are well under way. Watch for more info on this in the near future. (Thanks to Pete Angilello and Diane Legomsky and the whole Fundraising Team!)
5. Three successful years of New Leaf Winter farmers market in support of the health of our community and the well-being of local farmers and artisan producers (Thanks to you and the many local vendors and to Downtown Green Bay, Inc. and Bellin Health as well as Wisconsin Public Radio, WLUK Fox 11, and WYDR The Drive (99.7))
6. Two professional Market Analyses (both show that the right downtown location can support a sustainable grocery cooperative)
7. Capital campaign materials and plan are well under way (Thanks to Pete Angilello and Diane Legomsky and the whole Fundraising Team!)
8. Current business plan and pro forma (Thanks to Marilyn Sagrillo and the whole Finance Committee!)
9. Positive responses from bank financers and the city of GB regarding external financing of the project.
10. Consultants from the National Co-op Grocers Association and Cooperative Development Services continue giving us professional advice on the business plan, pro forma, market studies, store location, board development, grocery store design and much more.
11. Wonderful support from individual donors and community organizations and businesses (Thanks to Downtown Green Bay, Inc.; Wisconsin Public Service; UW Brown County Cooperative Extension; Arketype; Bellin Health and so many others!)
12. We are working collaboratively with a new organization—New Leaf Foods, its mission--to provide education on healthy food and food systems and improve community food security—complements the mission of New Leaf Market.